Please read our policy carefully before submitting any personal information to us. By visiting or using the TechStyleLAB website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 18 years and older to register to use the TechStyleLAB website.
Information Collected by Kent State University
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our web site, which is to enable creative people to print and share designs for textiles and to share other information and ideas as a community. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from the TechStyleLAB website visitors:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Registration:In order for you to use the TechStyleLAB website’s services, such as uploading or creating designs, maintaining a gallery and ordering fabric, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information(including but not limited to your full name, city, state and e-mail address).
- Your Account:We may enable you to provide additional information, such as keeping a gallery (public and private), favorites, and profiles on other sites. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control if your designs are private or publically displayed and used within the TechStyleLAB website.
- Your Orders:If you purchase materials, products, or services from us, we will collect and use your shipping address, billing address, phone number, credit card or other payment information. We will use this information solely to facilitate your purchases through our web site.
2. Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Kent State University and its agents and third party providers automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Kent State University cookie information, and the page you requested. Kent State University uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the web site. We do not link IP addresses with personally identifiable information.
- Kent State University may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes your account pages.
Kent State University may use non-personally-identifiable data about use of the TechStyleLAB website and services to improve the quality and design of our web site and services and we may track and analyze user preferences and trends to create new functions, promotions and services for the TechStyleLAB website. We may provide non-personally-identifiable, aggregated and statistical data about our users and use of our web site and services to third parties for such purposes as Kent State University may deem appropriate from time to time.
We will never provide your email address to an unaffiliated third party without your explicit permission, but we may use third party service providers who work on behalf of or with Kent State University to provide services to you, which third parties may be granted access to your email address and other information in order to provide the services. For example, we may use a third-party service, such as MailChimp to maintain and administer our mailing list. We require that these parties agree to use such information solely for the purposes of providing TechStyleLAB website services and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use or access to such information.
Kent State University may send out e-mails with news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Kent State University which inform you of actions that have been performed on the TechStyleLAB website. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- We have no access to, or control over, cookies stored on your computer by third parties.
Sharing Your Information
Because the TechStyleLAB website enables people to discover and share designs with one another, information about the people who use the TechStyleLAB website is an important part of our community.Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Kent State University employees:Kent State University personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to member information in the normal course of Kent State University business. We require that our employees and consultants or contractors access and use such information only as required to provide the TechStyleLAB website services and do not share such information with unauthorized third parties.
- Business Transfers:In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, member information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Kent State University or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, member information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information:Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other TechStyleLAB website users in your Profile. The Profile is the area on TechStyleLAB website where we allow you to tell other community members about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your Profile.
- Social sharing of data:The TechStyleLAB website allows you to display your designs on your own blogs or on other sites and networks. The ability to do this is available via setting files to Public or within the permalink URL of the design you wish to share. Kent State University may choose to post this data on other site features.
- Syndication:Kent State University will allow for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the TechStyleLAB web site.
- With Your Consent:Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
Your TechStyleLAB website account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Kent State University will use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions regarding security on our web site, please contact email@example.com
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our web site.
- By visiting your Account, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our web site. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
You may request deletion of your TechStyleLAB website account by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
or at (330) 672-1635